Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How are you feeling today?

Comments

• Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mohit_singh What did I say? I can't remember... :fearful:
    Welcome back by the way.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,050 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am feeling happy and satisfied as I had a very good conversation with a writer who motivated me to write a book. I've already started writing though! :)
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    @Shiny03
    Age day is celebrated by girls only or by both girls and boys?

By the way it is just a question ! Not a comment on your previous comments. :D
    @mohit_singh Did you mean the coming-of-age day ceremony? Yes, for both.

• takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭
    @mohit_singh
    Welcome back, mohit. Nice to hear from you again. Have your exams all finished now?
    edited January 11
    I am in the mid of my 10 day exam schedule!
    I have 3 more subject to write.
    Time flies during exam!Hahh!
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,634 mod
    I will pray that you ace all your exams... ;) @mohit_singh
    edited January 11
    Ahhh! I need wishes...!
    I am praying too dost.. :D :D
    Thank you very much!
    @kindgnice
    @mohit_singh
    Best wishes on your exams!
    Thanks @takafromtokyo .
    I will again disappear for a while. I have another exam after this.. :D
    @mohit_singh
    Yes, we understand. Stay focused and good luck!! Maybe you can share some of your exam stories when you came back.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,050 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed!

I am in the mid of my 10 day exam schedule!

I have 3 more subject to write.

Time flies during exam!Hahh!

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,533 mod
    Good luck with your exams @mohit_singh. I'm sure you will breeze through.

Tonight I have a normal size bed. The double-double was wasted on my as I only used one side. There would have been plenty of room for you too @Shiny03 with no risk of getting kicked in the middle of the night!
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,397 mod
    Good luck @mohit_singh. Let us know how you get on.
    When it's hot, I'm into the starfish position, though I'm afraid I spread out a lot more than in the picture @Shiny03. I think I sleep in all those postures.
    Wow, then it shows you have affluent(?) potential personalities. @mheredge
    For the first time, I haven't wanted the air conditioning on in my room @Shiny03. Today is a real turn up for the books as it's quite cold. I'm glad to see I have a warm blanket on the bed.
  • madhugmadhug Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    We are celebrating "Bhogi" festival in South India, so we woke up early in the morning and lit the bonfire before sun rise, in winter bonfire giving awesome experience. I am quite happy today I spoke with my old friends also.
    @madhug
    Bonfires in the dark are beautiful, aren't they?
    What exactly do you celebrate in "bhogi"? What's the festival for?
    I'm still sleepy this morning. I usually wake up a little late on weekends but they changed my youngest daughte's swimming lessons to an earlier class, so we have to wake up early from this Saturday.
    I'm feeling excited as in an hour I'm off out of the city to visit a village where we will go to the market, see some farmers, and then go to learn how to cook some local dishes.
    @mheredge
    Sounds great! Enjoy the visit!
    I'm feeling rather cold. since yesterday it has been raining and the temperature has fallen unexpectedly.
  • DeucalionDeucalion Posts: 399 ✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    I'm feeling turned around regarding the difference between the meanings of the worlds "baffled" and "bewildered". The dictionaries are not enough specific on that.
    Can anyone clarify me whether there is a difference, and what is that difference?
  • OksNikOksNik Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Snow finally fell last night and now I can see beautiful white winter. I do not like when it's cold and rain in the winter.
  • habbazhabbaz Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I am feeling good this morning.. a good weather.. good sleeping.. all is right
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,107 mod
    mheredge said:

I'm wondering whether I might get lost in bed tonight. My bed is two double beds pushed together. I don't think I have ever slept in a bed this big before. I think at least five could probably fit without feeling overcrowded!

I once tried to sleep in two beds pushed together, and during the middle of the night they came apart slightly and I fell down the hole in the middle. Not my finest moment!
    I just woke up. I'm still sleepy. I wonder why because I've slept for over 8 hours.
    I was feeling a bit worried that I might miss my flight this morning. It said on the ticket to check in two hours ahead of the flight time. The guy at the guesthouse said 90 minutes was okay. However the airport bus that was timed specifically for my flight seemed to be cutting it fine as by the time it came to pick me up a bit late, the driver stopped along the way to buy cigarettes, and then again at a garage to get air for the tyres, we pulled in just 60 minutes before take off (check in closes 40 minutes prior to take off).

But when the airport only has three gates and very few flights, I suppose I needn't have worried as there were no queues anywhere and an hour was more than enough time.