Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Your challenge - Have been / Have only

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 8,491 mod
Write some sentences that contain the above.

Comments

• hamitkhamitk Posts: 2
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I have been expecting all the family members to join me for dinner tonight, but only you have come!
    I have been writing an article since morning and I have only few minutes left to finish it.
    I have been driving to the hill station, therefore I have only one way to go there.
    I have been sleeping all the day due to fever, so I have only few hours in the evening to finish the project assignment.

--------------------------

I had been expecting all the members of my family to join me for dinner tonight, but only you have come!
    I have been writing an article since morning, and I only have a few minutes left to finish it.
    I am driving to the hill station, there's only one way to get there.
    I have been sleeping all day due to a fever, so I only have a few hours this evening to finish my project assignment.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • sarataersarataer Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    I have been working when I have broken my leg

----------------------------

I was working, when I broke my leg.
    I have been working even though my leg is broken.
    (I'm not sure which one you meant).
    Post edited by Lynne on
    The first one" l was working. ..
    thnx for correction
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,804 mod
    We have been together for quite a long time.

We have only eaten five `Faschingskrapfen`.
  • zahirzahir Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I have just started this challenge now. I have been working in an IT company from last 3 years. I have been staying in Sylhet city from last 3 years. I have just got news that gale accomplished double century in world cup cricket.

----------------

I have just started this challenge.
    I have been working for an IT company for the last 3 years.
    I have been living in Sylhet city for the last 3 years.
    I have just heard that Gale accomplished a double century in world cup cricket.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • greensurfergreensurfer Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I have never been in Japan, but I've only watched a lot of video about this wonderful country.
    Is itcorrect Lynne?

---------------------

I have never been to Japan, but I've watched a lot of videos about this wonderful country.

Is it correct Lynne?
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • EnglishLearnerEnglishLearner Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I have been struggling to learn English since I came to North America. Almost every day I struggle with my English when I need to write a report to my reporting manager. Last week I submitted a report but my boss redirected to me for correction. Since then I have been writing that report where I only have few hours left to finish. I have wasted a lot of time watching TV. I have just finished another assignment. So now I will go back to the report to finish it on time. I hope I will be able to respect the due date.
    I have been to Canada several times. I have done few English courses when I lived there. Those English courses are helping me to move on with my jobs. Sometimes I feel that I should have studied hard with my English. This time I have committed to study hard.
    please @Lynne make correction.

----------------------

I have been struggling to learn English since I came to North America.

Almost every day I struggle with my English, especially when I need to write a report to my reporting manager. Last week I submitted a report but my boss sent it back to me for correction. Since then I have been writing that report, and I only have a few hours left to finish it. I have wasted a lot of time watching TV, but I have just finished another assignment. So now I will go back to the report to finish it on time. I hope I will be able to meet the due date.

I have been to Canada several times. I attended a few English courses when I lived there. Those English courses helped me to move on in my career. Sometimes I feel that I should have studied harder, but this time I am committed to study hard.

Please correct my post @Lynne.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,804 mod
    Have you been in the kitchen? I have only eaten three bites from the apple.
This discussion has been closed.