Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Transport

LynneLynne TeachHomePosts: 9,880 mod
Would you travel on this train?

Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,085 mod
    Been there, done that @Lynne. I can't imagine going back to that sort of life. When it gets a bit like that on buses here sometimes, I just let them go and walk or wait for the next one.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,718 mod
    I have experienced similar when in London, especially when you travel at certain times of the day. Sometimes I will wait for another train or try to use another mode of transport, but at other times I really have no choice but to go on that train. I close my eyes and hope for the best, and try to just make sure that I have nothing with me. I will always avoid busy times when I can, but sometimes it isn't possible.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    I travel every day now I am used to it :#
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    tube is very fast but morning and evening times are very busy
    I've been using the metro in Nanjing. It's very nice having the s7gns and station names showing in English. The only problem is that the ticket machines don't have an 'English' button.
    signs...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    "Waiting for the next one" is what I always try to do, but when I realize that I'm going to spend at least 2 hours on the platform, I give up and, in one way or another, I get the train!
    In the UK @matt_ there are apps to show how long you have to wait for the next train or bus. I try to be be philosophical about delays and if I take a book, then it doesn't matter how long I have to wait.
  • I heat that :o

I cant belive that

We have a lot of people but not like that
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish to travel by steam engine train, if it still exists. :)

• DmitryDmitry Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Can people go out without help of staff? or someone need to pick them out? :)
    Do you mean like this @Dmitry?

or like this?

• DmitryDmitry Posts: 111 ✭✭
    I mean, how people can go out in next station after they was pressed in train as in can... :) )))
    staff of underground help them or people fall out as pile
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have problems with train because the train more dangerous in my country and over crowded, I'd like to travel by bus or taxi so comfortable
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,790 mod
    I enjoyed the Shinkansen of Japan. So fast and so good! I was able to see the view and scenery of Mt. Fuji afar. :)
This discussion has been closed.