Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 words Game 41

clay
attic
whistle

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,239 mod
    I found a clay whistle in the attic.
  • DoraDora Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭
    The boy whistled seeing a clay house in the attic.
  • aryarchiaryarchi Posts: 864 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I remember seeing a fisherman with a whistle in his hand standing at the clay attic in red on the island.

-----------------

I remember seeing a fisherman with a whistle in his hand standing in the red clay attic on the island.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    I think it's better to say, I remember looking at a fisherman........
    would you mind helping me?
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,140 mod
    My neighbour blew the whistle to the house superintendent, when I wanted to build an attic out of clay.
    edited January 2015
    An officer of municipality, in charge of supervising on construction warned us not to build the attic by clay, he blew his whistle while the workers were working.

--------------------

An officer of the municipality, in charge of supervising construction warned us not to build the attic in clay, he blew his whistle while the workers were working.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    edited January 2015
    The whistle-blower reported that clay, instead of plaster had been appliednto the walls of the attic, thereby breaking the rules.

-------------------

The whistle-blower reported that clay, instead of plaster had been applied to the walls of the attic, thereby breaking the rules.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,639 mod
    "You can go whistle for your clay", he shouted from the attic.
  • RoaRoa Posts: 7
    edited January 2015
    during my round of cleaning the attic, I found a jar made of clay and a whistle my dad used to have them in his childhood.
    -------------
    During my round of cleaning the attic, I found a jar made of clay and a whistle my dad used to have WHEN HE WAS A child.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
    Whistling while he worked, he removed the clay tiles from the roof and stuck them in a pile in the attic.
  • harisharis Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    "It was the Clay Face hiding in the attic of Grand House's attic waiting for his prey" said the oldman. The day became darker as the whistle sound faded away along the policemen and their K9.
    -----------------
    "It was Clay Face hiding in the attic of Grand House's attic waiting for his prey" said the old man. The day became darker as the whistle sound faded away along WITH the policemen and their K9S.
  • komikomi Posts: 421 ✭✭✭
    I was very happy when I discovered that clay whistle in the attic.
    Every stormy day I heard a whistling sound coming from the attic, which ceased after I'd filled the old chimney with clay.
    I forgot to hang my whistle on the clay wall in the attic.
    edited January 2015
    Do you mean you usually hang the dentist's whistle on the hook at the clay lentil-pudding-like wall, next to the plastic bag, with the arrow and the cactus, in the giant brick attic @aryarchi?
    With feet as heavy as clay, the dentist slowly climbed up the attic steps, whistling through his teeth as he searched for that old cactus in a plastic bag.
    @mheredge , have you forgotten lentils,brick,hook,arrow..... ? :D
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I just whistle when I recall the childhood memories of my favorite clay house that I used to keep in attic.
    The clay whistle is in the attic.
    "Whistle down the wind is my favourite film" said the clay boy, talking to himself in the attic.
    edited January 2015
    The wizard in the attic casted the clay in a cauldron, then he transformed his wand into a magic whistle making the clay come alive blowing on it.
    --------------------
    The wizard in the attic cast the clay in a cauldron, then he transformed his wand into a magic whistle making the clay come alive BY blowing on it.
    "I'm a clay wizard" said the man. "Come up to my attic and let me show you my models!"
    edited January 2015
    @amatsuscribbler - Where's the wistle? Did you mean:

"I'm a clay wizard" said the man. "Come up to my attic and let me show you my whistles!"
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,740 mod
    The whistle I used when I was a child had been lost for a long time and I was sure I hid the thing in the attic in a clay box.
This discussion has been closed.