Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 words Game 38

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,213 Teacher
dentist
plastic bag
cactus

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,213 Teacher
    The dentist took my new teeth out of the plastic bag and proceeded to clean them with a cactus!
  • komikomi Posts: 421 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    My neighbor, dentist, took plastic bag and wrap big cactus which was hurting him .
    -------------
    My neighboUr, A dentist, took A plastic bag and wrapPED UP THE big cactus which was hurting him .
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,076 mod
    Mrs Cactus, the retired dentist, went home from shopping with five plastic bags.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,514 mod
    The dentist was not impressed when his patient pulled out a cactus from a plastic bag and proceeded to eat it in front of him, gums bleeding from the spikes.
    edited January 2015
    The patient, who ate the cuctus was still on the dentist`s chair when he handed the dental assistant a plastic bag with a bloomy cuctus in it.
    -----------
    Did you mean 'bloody cactus' Hermine?
  • bbjavbbjav Posts: 4
    edited January 2015
    I used to be a dentist and clean up my teeth with cactus's sap and so I spit on a plastic bag
    --------------
    I used to be a dentist and clean my teeth with cactus sap and THEN spit INTO a plastic bag
    edited January 2015
    The plastic bag with a nicely painted cuktus on the front and back site was hanging on a hook in the dentist`s waiting room.
    ------------
    The plastic bag with a nicely painted cACTUs on the front and back, was hanging on a hook in the dentist`s waiting room.
    Bonus correction @Hermine: A plastic bag with a nicely painted cactus on the front and back side (you could say 'on both sides') was hanging...
    @Hi Marianne, thank you for the extra correction. Where are you I haven`t seen a single post today.
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 5,817 mod
    The dentist advised me to floss my teeth with a cactus needle every day and to throw it away in a plastic bag afterwards.
    Well spotted @Hermine! I went away on holiday with the dentist until I found he'd brought his cactus along with him in a plastic bag.
    Did the dentist bring that cactus in the plastic bag with him, special for you @mheredge? In that case he might also want you to floss with it's needles.
  • aryarchiaryarchi Posts: 864 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    In order to keep my 5 year old child quiet,the dentist donated a cactus from his plastic bag to him.
    ---------------
    In order to keep my 5 year old child quiet, the dentist GAVE HER/HIM a cactus from his plastic bag.
    Didn't you see the dentist looking for me, wandering around the street with his cactus in that very tatty plastic bag @lichaamstaal‌?
  • DoraDora Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Dentist bought a cactus for his patient but he thought it really hurts then he put it in a plastic bag.
    ------------------
    THE dentist bought a cactus for his patient but THEN he thought it WOULD really hurt SO he put it in a plastic bag.
    He'd run out of toothpicks, so the dentist pulled the spikes off the cactus that was decorating his window sill and put them in a plastic dish.
    The dentist even asked me where you were @mheredge, but I couldn't answer properly because he'd put my mouth full of stuff that felt like a plastic bag full of cactus.
    edited January 2015
    ''Is there any necessity to be a relation between Cactus and plastic bag?!!!!''said the dentist.
    Thats the most awkward sentence ive ever made in my life.
    ---------------
    ''Is there any necessity FOR THERE to be a relation between A Cactus and A plastic bag?!!!!''said the dentist.
    Thats the most awkward sentence I've ever made in my life.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,213 Teacher
    The dentist sighed as he put the dying cactus into the plastic bag and then into the bin.
    The miser (from last week) took the plastic bag, with the cactus from the dentist in it, out of the bin to give it a second life.
  • DoraDora Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Dentist gave him a plastic bag and advised him to open it at home. When he opened it at home, he discovered it was full of cactus! :smile:
    -----------
    THE dentist gave him a plastic bag and advised him to open it at home. When he opened it at home, he discovered it was full of cactus'S (OR CACTUS SPINES/FLOWERS/LEAVES)!
    Bonus correction @lichaamstaa (I hope I haven't changed the sense too much, but otherwise, did the miser take the cactus from the dentist or from the bin?)
    :
    The miser (from last week) took from the dentist the plastic bag, with the cactus from the dentist in it, that had been put in the bin, to give it a second life.
    edited January 2015
    When little boy was lying down and had the dentist working on his teeth,his father was showing a cactus in plastic bag to attract his attention.
    Im not able to make rich words as you do :'(
    --------------
    When THE little boy was lying down and the dentist WAS working on his teeth, his father was showing HIM a cactus in A plastic bag to DISTRACT HIM.
    edited January 2015
    I am so glad that Marianne didn`t ran away with the dentist who is well-known for his love for cactus keeping in plastic bags.
    ---------
    I am so glad that Marianne didn`t rUn away with the dentist who is well-known for his love OF KEEPING CACTUS PLANTS IN PLASTIC BAGS.
    edited January 2015
    @mheredge Then it will be:

The miser (from last week) took the plastic bag, with the cactus the dentist had thrown away, out of the bin to give it a second life.
    edited January 2015
    When we were at dentist's, I asked him a plastic bag to hide my cactus in it.
    ------------------
    When we were at THE dentist, I asked him FOR a plastic bag to hide my cactus in.
    Well @Hermine, since I don't like going to the dentist, it's quite unlikely I'll see his cactus that he keeps in that grotty old plastic bag.
    edited January 2015
    Tell me one person who likes going to the dentist, even they make fun by wearing a plastic hat and juggling with cactuses.
    Post edited by Hermine on
    edited January 2015
    @Hermine I'm the one who likes going to the dentist, not for having trouble with my teeth but for the fun made by the cactus and the plastic bag.
    The dentist told me to take my denture out at nights, but because I hadn't got a plastic bag available, I'd put it on a cactus.
This discussion has been closed.