Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

The most far flung Irish pubs in the world

mheredgemheredge TeacherHere and therePosts: 28,470 mod
Wherever you go, you are almost guaranteed to come across an Irish pub. Here are some of the most remote and unsually-located ones, from the world’s highest to another at the end of the earth.

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2014/dec/15/irish-pubs-around-the-world?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2
Tagged:

Comments

• aryarchiaryarchi Posts: 864 ✭✭✭
    I wish there was one in Iran!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,470 mod
    Do people drink much alcohol in Iran @aryarchi‌? Is it permitted in public places? In Pakistan, I think a special license is required and alcohol is not generally available.
    Not only its banned in public but also you will be sent you to prison if you make or buy it,we usually gather together with friends at home and drink it,nobody cares about it.
    I think Jordan was the most relaxed country in the Middle East when it came to alcohol @aryarchi‌. Though it was a while ago but I don't think it's much changed since. In India, even in non-Muslim areas, it's quite controlled. In Mcleodganj only a few restaurants have licences to serve alcoholic drinks and this is driven mainly by tourism, domestic and international.
    @mheredge Controlling is one thing,banning is quite another.
    Just look at how the Prohibition affected the US @aryarchi. A terrible mistake.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,877 mod
    I agree with you that it is strange and funny to see some of the places where these bars can be, but it just shows how popular the pub life of Ireland is. It is famous all over the world. I have been to Ireland, and confirm that pubs over there are wonderful, there is just something about them that is different to other countries, not to mention that the people tend to be incredibly warm and welcoming as well, which helps.
    And nothing slips down so easily as a nice glass of Guinness....
This discussion has been closed.