Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

E-Book farce

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,477 mod
Kindle titles for your country are not available at Amazon.co.uk. Please shop for Kindle titles at Amazon.com.

???

Can we stop this nonsense? An e-book should recognise no boundaries. It should fly to wherever it is needed / wanted.

#wwwnoborders
Tagged:

Comments

• science24science24 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are right @Lynne =D>
    Here is a wanderful link that really means the no boundaries of e-book
    just type you keywords to get a direct download link of your book.
    I hope it can help you to find what you are looking for.

bookza.org/
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,000 mod
    edited December 2013
    I bought my first ebooks a couple of days ago, as Lonely Planet were selling guidebooks very cheaply, just that day. I succeeded to buy and download the latest India guidebook, but when I went to pay for a couple more (Indonesia and Cambodia), first my bankcard had been blocked, then a phonecall to the UK later, when I tried downloading the Indonesia guide, I used up my four downloads and still didn't succeed. I'm still waiting for Lonely Planet to come back to me.

But amatsu I agree with you when I'm not travelling, but the one thing I had lugging around is a heavy guidebook.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,641 mod
    edited March 2016
    [quote="amatsuscribbler;1744"]I don't want to buy an e-book!
    I want to spend hours wandering around a book shop, getting side-tracked and finding books I didn't think I wanted; bumping into friends unexpectedly; asking the assistants for advice; taking my new purchase to the coffee shop and sitting having a quick flick!
    I don't want e-books! :(( [/quote]

@amatsuscribbler: I understand you buddy. Though I also have PDF version of other books, I would like to prefer the actual book reading, maybe because the gadget's radiation hurts my eyes most of the time. :)
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭
    Oo discussion on ebook. Yes, now I am also get fed up with e-book because it hearts my eyes in the night.
    But it is cheaper and 24*7 available in your mobile so whenever I got time even for 30 min. I try to finish few pages.

I like Google books more than kindle as it is more flexible.i do not need to adjust colour of background and accordingly. It has incorporated dictionary.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,245 mod
    There is no better way to read as in a book. I mean in a real/concrete book.
    I love them and I love my shelves where I can see all the ones I read.

Today I was really shocked of the fact, that a book shop couldnˋt easily get the book by Jules Verne called Journey to the Center of the Earth. The assistant scrolled up and down the screen, but couldnˋt find an availabe one. Itˋs a classicer I told her and written in best German.

I went home in the hope that in the next days sheˋll call me and say that she got one.