Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How about ... Beer vs Coffee?

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,524 mod
I couldn't resist sharing this:-

Your Brain on Beer vs. Coffee

Comments

• HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,478 mod
    So let us drink coffee first before we let in great ideas by drinking beer.
  • goalkeepergoalkeeper Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    i´m completly agree and i share a cup of cofee whit my coworkers and a jar of beer whit my friends, by the time are the same people

--------------------

I completely agree, and I share a cup of coffee with my coworkers and a glass of beer with my friends, who most of the time, are the same people.

I completely agree, and I share a cup of coffee with my coworkers and a jar with my friends, who most of the time, are the same people.

!Note - "a jar" (slang) = a glass of beer
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,501 mod
    First time I have ever heard that beer stimulates good ideas. I'll have to remember that next time I'm stuck for a new idea.
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,002 mod
    We can test it here. If somebody ads a new post, the others may guess this post was created after drinking beer or coffee, after drinking both or after drinking non of these.
  • Yeah! Say I belong to the creative group, who wants to team up with me for the execution part.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,524 mod
    I'm in. This is my kind of scientific experiment. :smile:
    I'm much more of a coffee drinker than a beer drinker. You come up with the ideas @Xeb and I'll try and work out how to execute them if you like!
  • Excellent. I count on both of you then. 2015 is going to be interesting.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,478 mod
    My English is much better after consuming beer. The tongue is looser but I am told too much alcohol takes you in the US language. The right amount of alcohol is the essence.
    edited December 2014
    What if you've been too creative the night before? What will help better to get rid of your hangover: an extra energy boost or the hair of the dog?
    Maybe this is where coffee comes to the rescue @lichaamstaal‌.
  • Do you mean that I might feel overcome by too many ideas, @lichaamstaal‌? I don't remember this feeling.
    I meant: What if you have drunk to much beer to improve your creativity @Xeb. It can be that you don't remember that feeling either. I don't know.
    Don't worry @lichaamstaal‌. It's usually the guys who 'don't remember' the morning after they've had too much beer. I like to think that like elephants, women never forget.
    If you are afraid not to remember your creative idea's after drinking the beer, it's good to write down your inspirations, so that the next morning you can work them out (whilst drinking coffee). Then hopefully your executive coffee-filled mind will understand the scribbles you wrote down with your creative beer-filled mind.

By the way, is it only female elephants that never forget @mheredge?
  • I meant: What if you have drunk to much beer to improve your creativity @Xeb. It can be that you don't remember that feeling either. I don't know.

Yes, it's how I interpreted it. Thus my deviant reply. ;)
    I think it's all elephants @lichaamstaal‌. Whatever you do, never cross an ele as they will never forget.

Will you be able to read your writing if you've been too creative the night before @lichaamstaal‌?
    This video shows evidently how elephants never forget @mheredge‌
    Exactly! There are many stories about elephants who have been able to get their revenge for things done to them years before. Don't mess with elephants @lichaamstaal‌. Wild, they are probably the most dangerous animal in the jungle too.
  • pharmacistpharmacist Posts: 16
    > @goalkeeper said:
    > i´m completly agree and i share a cup of cofee whit my coworkers and a jar of beer whit my friends, by the time are the same people
    >
    > --------------------
    >
    > I completely agree, and I share a cup of coffee with my coworkers and a glass of beer with my friends, who most of the time, are the same people.
    >
    > I completely agree, and I share a cup of coffee with my coworkers and a jar with my friends, who most of the time, are the same people.
    >
    > !Note - "a jar" (slang) = a glass of beer
    well day @goalkeeper,i completely agree with you.every morning,we always have a cup of coffee that help to our work successful.when in evening,i and my friend have some beer at a restaurant.in here,we talk about everything happen,our life,our job...and girls.that's beautiful.therefore,i can make me less stress,and worry.if in a day,you don't have coffee,how are you?
    > @mheredge said:
    > First time I have ever heard that beer stimulates good ideas. I'll have to remember that next time I'm stuck for a new idea.
    i completely agree with you,however when us achieved success in our job or anything,us can would like a beer,and saying: cheer up! and share it with our friend,it's beautiful.
    I must say @pharmacist‌, I prefer a nice cold beer when the weather is warm, but a steaming cup of coffee definitely goes down very well when it's a cold day.
    @mheredge‌ that's right,have a beer when the weather is warm and steaming cup of coffee when it's cold day,but in Vietnamese,both it's hot and cold us have a beer or alcohol that rice's product
    edited December 2014
    In Nepal @pharmacist‌, these beverages are called raksi (rice spirit) and chang (rice beer). The Sherpas in the mountains drink their raksi heated up with a bit of butter and some spices. It makes a very nice winter warmer!
    @mhered have some alcohol when the weather is cold,it's wonderful.with hot food,many friend, it make me feel happiness.in my country,people dink beers more than alcohol.at noon or night,on the restaurant have a lot people drink beers together!i don't like it.
    Then people in your country,Do they dink beers or somethings else?
    British people have a very bad reputation for drinking too much beer and getting very drunk, especially on Friday and Saturday nights @pharmacist‌.

The French in me likes a glass of wine to accompany food. I never could get into the habit of drinking a glass of wine by itself, without a meal to go with it. A lot of people do though.
  • mpagronomympagronomy Posts: 4
    hi guys I'm here by the first time. So these days I decided to stop drinking beer because everytime I was with my friends and we were drinking a lot of beer we had discussions that i wouldn't like to do and now I'm sober and looking at them talking stuffs that I used to talk and then I think '' damn ,i hate those kind of conversation''

Do you know what I mean and what is my point of view?
  • When the conversation turns that uninteresting, you can bend it or just say, good bye for now, can't you?