Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Football

Comments

• aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,571 mod
    Not in football, @nel, but in tennis and cycling.
  • nelnel Posts: 1,125 Inactive
    Really? But I heard it about football player @april. What do you think about it?
    It could happen to football players too, I think @nel.
    In cycling there are quite a few cyclists who died because of heart problem and in tennis I even knew some friends who unfortunately died while they were playing. :(

@april there are many viewer who were exciting when they were watching sports too and it made that their life over.
  • karuneshkarunesh Posts: 46 ✭✭
    @Lynne yes madam these all are different in rules but these are dangerous and brutal as well to be part of.
    @nel @april football is a very dangerous game and I saw a player getting cardiac arrest in football pitch live and believed me it was heart throbbing to see a thing like that happening right in front of your eyes in live television but the most happening thing is he got alive after a 72 minutes death at football pitch due to cardiac arrest and it's not less than miracle, his name is fabrice muamba he had a cardiac arrest while playing a match for Bolton against spurs during FA cup in 2012
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,599 mod
    What an amazing story @karunesh.

Back from the dead: Fabrice Muamba was "effectively dead" for 1hr 18mins before doctors restarted his heart: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fabrice-muamba-was-effectively-dead-for-1hr-768125
    That was a long resuscitation!
    Does he still play football now?
  • Ganesh_PrasadGanesh_Prasad Posts: 24 ✭✭
    football is the best game to play since its more than just physical strength, also a mental game
    A person's ability to be quicker than another and predict the movement of another human is wonderful and stunning
    Hii guys any Borussia Dortmund or Bayer Munchen fan?? :smiley:
    @april No he doesn't play now.Actually he quit football after this incident.
    @Ganesh_Prasad ya Ganesh Bayern is my favourite team in bundesliga.
    @karunesh Hii karun my fav is Dortmund , but I love Bayern too
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to play football with my friends and cousins in rain. Its a real fun!
    Playing hockey at school, I used to hate it when the field was muddy and slippery @april. I'm sure I never played football when it was raining, but then in the UK rain usually means cold and miserable! Where were you playing @april?
    Me, @mheredge ? I'm not guilty! :)
    @april do you never play football?
    Whoops sorry @april! It was @bubbli who said she liked playing footie with her friends in the rain!

I never play football now @nel. Somehow the boys didn't need me as goalkeeper when I got a bit older. So I only played when I was quite a young kid. In American women's football teams are quite popular. I'm not such it's so much the rage in the UK.
    @Ganesh_Prasad that's good so we have a competition between our favourites for the title.
    I did once, @nel; I was keeper at that moment. :)
    @karunesh Yeah. But we are far away from title so I'm only hoping our team will make top 4
    @april you had the most important role. ;)
    @mheredge if you continued to play football you were a popular player now. :)
  • aryarchiaryarchi Posts: 864 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Tomorrow there is an important match between Perspolis(IRN) and Bunyadkar(UZB) in AFC champions league. You can follow the game on internet if you like.
    We had and splendid victory in the first match against one of the most expensive Asian teams. Although we are the most popular team in Asia(even among the Chinese soccer clubs), but our team isn't in a good condition now and we are challenging with lots of problems which are mainly economic problems.
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,453 mod
    edited March 2015
    This post proves again you earn this football badge @aryarchi! :)

Let us know the result @aryarchi. Which side do you support?
    -----------
    We had a splendid victory in the first match against one of the most expensive Asian teams. Although we are the most popular team in Asia (even among the Chinese soccer clubs), our team isn't in a good condition now and we are facing lots of challenging problems which are mainly economic ones.
    edited March 2015
    Of course I'll support Perspolis. The game starts an hour later @mheredge. You can follow it here.
    http://www.varzesh3.com/livescore/
    پرسپولیس_بنیادکار (Perspolis_Bonyadkar)
  • zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    After ronaldinho left Barça I quited watching football even playing it, I'm not a basketball freak .
    The game is finished now, we managed to win another match. We proved our superiority by winning another match @mheredge .
    We are at the top of the table with 6 points out of 2 matches.
    Barça is Barcelona, @zakaria_dandouni1 ?