It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.
Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
And Mother cuts
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.
John Updike, September
People who fish for compliments try to get someone else to say something positive about them. This act is sometimes frowned upon. It can be considered an act of conceitedness; something you shouldn’t be doing. But actually in this new word game you should. Here you are meant to give compliments to others and also to ask politely for them. This is how it works. Take the following steps:
1. Give the person in the forum who has posted just before you the compliment where he or she asks for.
2. Tel us where you want to be complimented for yourself.
1. (Person-a has given a compliment to the former)
2. I like to receive a compliment for my hard work.Person-b
1. You really did a good job @person-a
! I appreciate your efforts! You must be sweating after this endeavour. Well done!
2. What do you think about my rabbits?Person – c
1. What a lovely rabbits you have @person-
b! They are really cute. I wish I could cuddle and stroke them. They are absolutely gorgeous.
2. I bought an new motorbike last month. How do you like it?Person –d
1. What a beauty! I guess it’s very fast. What an incredible sound it makes. I also like the colour. You must be awfully happy with it.
2. I woud like a compliment for my garden.
Etcetera. Try to make your compliments as original as posible and try to avoid using only the words 'good' and 'like'.