Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 words Game 31

bin
flashbulb
mile

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,287 mod
    Sitting atop the bin I used the flashbulb and was able to see for a mile.
  • zapppsrzapppsr Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I had to walk a mile to find a bin to dispose this used flashbulb.
    -------------
    I had to walk a mile to find a bin to dispose OF this used flashbulb.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,783 mod
    The nearest bin was a mile away and it was dark when I reached it but my flashbulb came to the rescue and I was still able to take a photograph of it.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,287 mod
    I used a flashbulb to take a picture of the bin which was a mile away.
  • komikomi Posts: 421 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I had a feeling that the disposal bin was a mile away while I was carrying dangerously sharp pieces of a flashbulb.

--------------------

I had a feeling that the bin was a mile away while I was carrying the dangerously sharp pieces of a flashbulb.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Was it as far as a mile to find that bin to dispose of your flashbulb @komi? (Am I cheating?)
    ;)
    The flashbulb could be seen for miles, so he decided to bin it before it got them all into deep trouble.
  • LynneLynne Teach HomePosts: 9,748 mod
    edited October 2014
    They were fed up of people dropping litter, so they put a flashbulb on top of the bin so that people could easily find it from over a mile away.
    The flashbulbs were scattered all over the place after the lorry spilled its load, the bins rolling down the road emptying their contents for miles.
    Don't bin that flashbulb, it's miles better than any of the others.
  • spawnintegrityspawnintegrity Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    He might have thrown away the flashbulb right away but instead, he walked miles to find a bin to dispose of it.

--------------------

He could have thrown the flashbulb away immediately, but instead, he walked miles to find a bin to dispose of it in properly.

(Just changed it to remove the second "away".)
    Post edited by Lynne on
    edited October 2014
    The flashbulb that was flashing away in the bin was miles was seen for miles around.
    ------------
    Miles and miles and miles @mheredge‌ !
    edited October 2014
    When you turn on that powerful flashbulb the bin can be seen for a mile away .
    -----------
    You don't need 'for' @komi.
    When you turn on that powerful flashbulb the bin can be seen a mile away .
    Everyday, when I cacth the flashbulb's eye which waits on the counter to be installed, I remember the words of my wife, saying; "Don't throw that bin away, you may require that for something. Hope you won't ride miles for something you dumped."
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 Inactive
    I threw the flashbulb in the bin, but the bin was a mile away from me. No it's not a lie, I'm strong.
    @helvio being strong isn't enough to throw a flashbulb in a bin, which is a mile away from you, you should be accurate and precise too.
    edited October 2014
    Hi @spawnintegrity! How are you? Where are you from?

I forget to comment, I'm very lucky. lol

There was a time that everything I needed to do for the flashbulb to fall in the bin a mile away from me was sneeze!

:#

---------------------

There was a time that all I needed to do for the flashbulb to fall in the bin a mile away from me was sneeze!
    Post edited by Lynne on
    When the flashbulb went off in his mind to bin the whole project, his cries for joy could be heard from over a mile away.
    Hi @helvio, I'm good. Hope you're well too. I'm from a country whose people have just started to prefer led bulbs in lieu of flashbulbs but continue dumping organic waste to inorganic recycle bins and use kilometre instead of mile.
  • LynneLynne Teach HomePosts: 9,748 mod
    edited October 2014
    Helvio failed to throw the flashbulb a mile away, but in the end it was only good for the bin.
    edited October 2014
    I can swear that I hit the bin, Lynne did you were more close than a mile to see that clearly?

------------------------

I swear that I hit the bin, Lynne you must have been closer than a mile away to be able to see that clearly.

I could have sworn that I hit the bin. Lynne were you close enough to see it that clearly?
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Helvio lost his flashbulb that he meant to get in the bin, but from a mile away, he missed!
    Who dared to beat @helvio at flashbulb throwing challenge, missed the bin by a mile. :D
    Thank you Lynne, your correction was great. :)
    Searching for a mile around his home, he eventually found the fkashbulb in the bread bin.
    Flashbulb that is. Sorry, my fingers are a bit clumsy!
    edited November 2014
    Let's get things more fantastic by saying " As a first in history @helvio hot-blowed a flashbulb that lay down a mile long yet @mheredge cause a pile of bins to topple over it."

------------------------

Let's make things more fantastical by saying, "It was a first in history when @helvio hot-blew a flashbulb that stretched for over a mile, but @mheredge caused a pile of bins to topple over it."
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,812 mod
    The old, still funcual flashbulb I accidentalley tossed in the bin could not allurge me to drive miles to buy a similar one.
This discussion has been closed.