Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for another week, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Why do you want to learn English?

science24science24 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guys, how are you doing?
I am wondering, Why do you want to learn English?

Comments

• science24science24 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey!!!!!
    no one want to tell us why he want to learn english, are you shy of telling us about that?
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lynne had said to write about this question only if you are an advanced learner. :-\"
    Really, :((
    I expect you will edit your comment when I tell Lynne about that?

Allo @Lynne, you have got a missed call from @Helvio. :)] :-c
    edited December 2013
    Look @science24
    In the New Members area, Lynne said:
    New Members
    Introduce yourself here. Try answering these questions:- Beginners:- What is your name? What is your native language? Intermediate:- How long have you been learning English? Advanced:- Why are you learning English?
    :))

Science, we have met in the Adventures in the Virtual World and we don't talk one another, maybe in the next time we would be able to change some words. :-c
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,817 mod
    @Science24 @Helvio : Since when has anyone taken any notice of what I say?

Feel free to answer the question Helvio. :)

edited December 2013
    Maybe in a year or two @Lynne. =))
    Whenever you feel ready, but you have convinced me to change the membership form. ;)
  • Looking good...but I need more information
    About what @Stone?
    Welcome to the forum @Mekhrinisa!
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,047 mod
    Hi Mekhrinisa. Welcome. You have a good role model here!
  • ProseyProsey Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Mekhrinisa, good luck. :)
  • Hello, my name is Abdi
    I want to improve my english, because my job requires it, and I hope someday I will be travel around the world
  • because English is the international language so it is very important to learn it.
    Welcome to the forum @merryrp.
  • Hi, I am Alex. I learn English for my job and also for feel free in traveling
    Hi Alex, welcome to LEO
  • eckeck Posts: 1
    I have to improve my English because I am looking for a better job and so I am living in Canada right now and I need to learn it better.
  • I want to improve my English because I need it to help me to communicate in Canada
    @Alex Are you Alex from Russia? :)
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,530 mod
    Is it a surprise that out of the ten languages that the Dalai Lama's teaching in Tibetan is being translated into, English is been used by the most people after Tibetans?

There are translations for the Russian, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Mongolian, Taiwanese and Japanese. I overhead a French woman say she preferred the English translation to the French, so I guess maybe French and maybe a couple of other European languages are represented too.
  • Well,
    I wanna learn English because I wanna travel arround the world and I Think who the first language I need to now is English and my Job needs that language too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    Prosey , you are right:) and where are you from?
    Post edited by pryfllwyd on
    I am Polish. I live in Kraków. :)
  • :) Why are you want improve you english skills? How many people in Poland can speak english?
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,530 mod
    edited July 2014
    I think most young people in Poland speak at least some English don't they Prosey ? What about Russia @Alex? Where in Russia are you from? Do many people speak English where you live?
    Post edited by pryfllwyd on
  • hello it me dania i want to learn english to be better in my work