Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Coffee and tea

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 8,620 mod
edited November 2013 in Food and Drink
I ran out of English breakfast tea this week, so I'm drinking a tea called Ostfriesen tea.

It's okay. Quite strong and not too flowery.
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,031 mod
    As you know, I'm pretty obsessed by PG Tips, but I'm giving it a rest for a while. I have been enjoying coffee grown on the slopes of the Annapurnas that I brought with me. When this runs out, I'll switch to local coffee grown in south India where I'm heading in a few days.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,620 mod
    You will think we are a couple of saddoes, but we had an emergency delivery of Tetley. LOL
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,883 mod
    Is it possible that coffee or tea make brown teeth. I wonder what kind of tea the Queen of England likes to drink. Because her teeth are so porcelan white.
    I'm totally with you @Lynne on the tea bags. Needs must. All this talk of coffee is reminding me that I haven't had one so far today. I indulged in a Costa coffee yesterday in an amazing shopping mall in Mumbai where the shops sell Rolls Royces and Mercedes among other designer stuff. I guess the coffee must have been the only 'cheap' item on sale there.
    Do you think they are her teeth @Hermine?
    @mheredge - Amazing when you consider that Dharavi is practically on the doorstep.
    edited December 2013
    @Lynne. I don`t think so.
    edited December 2013
    @Hermine - Me neither.

It reminds me of a silly saying: "Your teeth are like stars, they come out at night."

I just had my first mishap with my Moka pot. I don't think I screwed the base on tightly enough, and it was fireworks! Little sparks were flying everywhere as bits of coffee escaped. It's a shame that it was in the daytime, I'm sure it would have been very pretty in the dark.
  • science24science24 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    By the way, do you know the world’s most expensive coffee? :D

it is Kopi luwak or civet coffee, refers to the beans of coffee berries once they have been eaten and excreted by the Asian palm civet. A cup sells for $30 to $100 in New York City and London, while 1 kg of roasted beans can fetch as much as $130 in Indonesia and five times more overseas. For the most part, civet coffee is not harvested in the wild in limited quantities but mass produced by animals kept in appalling conditions.

I am very lucky because coffee doesn't mean anything for me.
    This is the problem with using animals in production. These beautiful cats deserve better from us. (Personally I buy Fair Trade.)
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,003 mod
    I have bought a Moka coffee pot too as my lovely espresso machine died! I was devastated! The coffee from the pot is not as good. Not as full a flavour as an espresso. But needs must! And I need my one coffee a day!
    @science - we had a discussion about this type of coffee some time ago. I had never heard of it before and I have never tasted it. I would though if I found it!
    I did warn you @amatsuscribbler. These machines just aren't robust, rely on physics, it won't let you down. (You might need a different blend of coffee to the one you used in the machine.)
    Civet poo coffee does nothing for me, but a nice cup of dark or medium roast Arabica is what I fancy right now. The sweet instant stuff they serve on the train just ain't good enough!
  • pryfllwydpryfllwyd The AnthropocenePosts: 1,403 mod
    Typhoo - not monkey bags ! : Typhoo making good tea since 1903
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoo
    You can imagine how happy I felt yesterday, arriving after along hourney to a homestay guesthouse that not only has a kitchen guests can use, but a big box of Tetley teabags too.

Back to coffee though. I bought a packet of coffee grown in Kerala. I wasn't sure about some of the flavoured coffees they were selling though. Masala coffee, ginger coffee, vanilla coffee - none work for me. I just hope that the plain coffee tastes okay and those flavoured ones are not because the coffee doesn't taste very good.
    I don't know what happened to my jouney, but still less what has happened to the edit button. On my tablet it's invisible in any case, but I have a good idea where it is so I can usually find it. This time I'm afraid it seems to have escaped or has disappeared completely!
    I do not like to have a coffee from an animal`s poo, at no costs. Maybe I should sell thi little balls our rabbits produce - I would be rich. Rich as `bootiful`got.
    edited December 2013
    When you say "you do not like it" does that mean you've tried it? :-O
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    edited December 2013
    that picture made me sick :-&
    I wont drink coffee any more.I think whenever I drink coffee,this picture will come in front of my eyes :-L
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just relax and enjoy. :D
    edited December 2013
    just relax and enjoy of what?coffee?after seeing that picture nobody cant enjoy coffee.

--------------------

Just relax and enjoy what? Coffee? After seeing that picture nobody could enjoy coffee.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    =))

Of course you can, but I think that the cost is the barrier. :)
    I think so. LOL ;) =))
    I don't know why but I hate this laughing =)).Does anyone feel the same?
    edited December 2013
    I think it could be a bit more restrained, but I don't hate it. :)

It could be like that. image

Or even like that. image
    you have to enjoy it @nil , it is well popular in the LEO network :)) =)) =))

in addition to the corn smiley :D :D :D
    I hate it because it reminds me someone's laughing who I hate a lot.you cant make me to like it [-(
    You reminded me of an old saying @Nil. "Hating someone is like drinking poison, and waiting for the other person to die." ;)

And don't worry. No one is asking you to drink cat poo coffee. It certainly didn't put me off my coffee this morning. ~O)
    edited December 2013
    Next Generation Mobile Phones Nanotechnology (my first video on the forum)

the futur of learnig languages and drinking coffee is the global voice translator and a fresh cup of coffee from your phone

pomegranatephone.com/

@Lynne , you don't need a new coffee machine if your old machine has been broken. :D