Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Pull yourself together

HeknerHekner Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
"She sat at home and shook, her cheeks flushed, her eyes bright with tears. When she had pulled herself together, she would go and have a shower ..." (A. S. Byatt)

to pull yourself together - to become calm and behave normally again after being angry or upset

Just pull yourself together. There's no point crying about it. (CALD)
"The world was a fantastic, marvelous, awesome place, Rose decided."

Comments

• kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,691 mod
    After hearing stressful comments from clients, I guess I have to pull myself together after all...
  • filauziofilauzio Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that pulling yourself together can match with your sprawling over the couch; even if, by the latter, you have to loosen yourself a bit.
    glad to stop strict diet, splashed in belly flop? Don't care you're not light, here on English hop !
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,136 mod
    Only if your sprawling over the couch was caused by some sort of shock @filauzio. You pull yourself together after you have heard unpleasant news, so resolving to sit up straight might then be part of this.
  • filauziofilauzio Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, @mheredge, I thought of pulling yourself together as a means of getting relaxed after some sort of troublesome event; therefore I thought of comparing that to the act of sprawling on the couch. It seemed to me that both behaviours led to the same aim: do away with the cause of annoyance.
    I think you can recover your calm both by pulling and loosening at rest your limbs.
    After all, by pulling yourself together you might perhaps remain a bit tense.
    glad to stop strict diet, splashed in belly flop? Don't care you're not light, here on English hop !
    Another way to express 'pull yourself together' might be to 'compose yourself' or 'get your act together' @filauzio.
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 754 OTT
    @mheredge

thank you

great advice
    Get your act together is quite a useful phrase.