It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.
Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.
Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.
November by Walter de la Mare
Best Jokes from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival
Here's the winner: "I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again."
and the runners up
1. “I've decided to sell my Hoover ... well, it was just collecting dust”
2. “I've written a joke about a fat badger, but I couldn't fit it into my set”
3. “Always leave them wanting more, my uncle used to say to me. Which is why he lost his job in disaster relief”
4. “I was given some Sudoku toilet paper. It didn't work. You could only fill it in with number 1s and number 2s”
5. “I wanted to do a show about feminism. But my husband wouldn't let me”
6. “Money can't buy you happiness? Well, check this out, I bought myself a Happy Meal”
7. “Scotland had oil, but it's running out thanks to all that deep frying”
=8. “I forgot my inflatable Michael Gove, which is a shame 'cause halfway through he disappears up his own a***hole”
=8. “I've been married for 10 years, I haven't made a decision for seven” .
10. “This show is about perception and perspective. But it depends how you look at it”
Post edited by Lynne on