Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What were you born to do?

mheredgemheredge TeacherHere and therePosts: 27,437 mod
What were you born to do with your life?

http://bitecharge.com/play/borntodo/h3

Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,437 mod
    You were born to: Make History (oh dear!)

You are more interested in larger, more ambitious things than the simple everyday things that most humans are concerned with. You most likely have ideas in your head that can completely change the course of human history. You're obsessed with doing something big. It gives you the ultimate adrenaline. Well, we're all cheering you on and we want you to succeed. Heck, our future probably depends on the kind of stuff you do everyday

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    You were born to:

Win at Life

Throughout your entire life, you've overcome a lot of adversities and challenges that most people couldn't even imagine handling. There were some extremely tough moments where you thought you were just going to give up. But look at you now, you're still here, winning and impressing everyone else. Your enemies are practically silenced because they can't keep up with you anymore. You're the textbook definition of a "Winner" so keep conquering!
    It is completely true.
  • filauziofilauzio Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was born for what's written above: to win at life... ah ah ah, yes I am.
    I'm still here, winning and impressing everyone else; certainly it's because when life gave me lemons, I gladly received them ( !? ). All my competitors grabbed the vodka instead, and got drunk.
    I'm the textbook definition of a ' Winner '.
    Well, where do I have to pay for this ? Can I offer all my lemons in exchange ?
    Now, I have to make a toast with all my drunk enemies, cheers !
    glad to stop strict diet, splashed in belly flop? Don't care you're not light, here on English hop !
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    And the result is: :)

You were born to:

Make History

You are more interested in larger, more ambitious things than the simple everyday things that most humans are concerned with. You most likely have ideas in your head that can completely change the course of human history. You're obsessed with doing something big. It gives you the ultimate adrenaline. Well, we're all cheering you on and we want you to succeed. Heck, our future probably depends on the kind of stuff you do everyday.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,193 mod
    I was born to:
    Make History
    I am more interested in larger, more ambitious things than the simple everyday things that most humans are concerned with. I most likely have ideas in my head that can completely change the course of human history. I'm obsessed with doing something big. It gives me the ultimate adrenaline.

No, I don't think this is me. :)
  • filauziofilauzio Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like, on this thread, people born to make history are winning, rather than we, the textbook definition of the ' Winners '. I'm wondering how it might be.
    glad to stop strict diet, splashed in belly flop? Don't care you're not light, here on English hop !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭
    I was born to:
    Win at Life
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also win at life :D