Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How not to speak English properly (Korwin-Mikke in the Europarliament)

[Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭
Have fun:

The poor guy is complaining that an interpreter didn't translate his speech into Polish well (to be honest I am not surprised). That's why he has published the transcript:

"Mr.Chairman, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Among the major challenges mentioned in the Appendix One I see the cost of energy. But this cost is generated by the EU – thanks to the war on global warming. This war – if effective – would harm the natural environment – because what the plants need most for their growth, is carbon dioxide. Fortunately this war has no effect at all – but the countries occupied by the EU had paid tremendous price.
The global warming – if it is real – is not anthropogenic. It is humbug. But it is the instrument to achieve a specific goal: ZERO GROWTH. And this goal – a clandestine dream of some persons sitting among us – had been reached.
For 2 trillions €uro spent – and wasted.
It’s felony.
I hope on January the Prosecution Office of EU will be at last established – and the culprits (including the pseudo-scientists, who had in bad faith supported this lunacy) will be found, named, duly prosecuted, tried and put to jail."
Post edited by [Ex Member] on

Comments

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭
    Another one (he should have checked n-word, this is a literal translation from Polish):
This discussion has been closed.