Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What are you wearing?

linc68linc68 Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
A very long baggy dress, with a pattern made of beige and dark red feathers on a black background. It's perfect for a summer day and it allows me to squat and sit on the ground with my daughters in a comfortable way :)
What about you?

Comments

• linc68linc68 Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    That seemd a fun idea for a new thread: what areyou wearing?

-----------------------

This seems a fun idea for a new thread: What are you wearing?
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,885 mod
    I'm wearing a red cotton skirt that goes down to a few inches below the knees. It's not so hot today, so I thought I'd wear it as I prefer loose cotton trousers when it's really hot. When I go out, I'll change and wear a white cotton sleeveless blouse which will go better with the skirt than the turquoise T-shirt I'm wearing right now.
    My style is casual. If it's not too hot, I wear jeans. Otherwise cotton trousers with a T-shirt. I usually only wear blouses if I have to look respectable.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,944 mod
    I'm back in jeans as the temperature has dropped. So, I'm wearing light blue jeans, and a dark blue t-shirt, with mismatched socks and a pair of trainers.
    At the moment I'm back in my turquoise sleeveless T-shirt and black shorts. I'm going to change into my red skirt when I go out. I have a nice black T-shirt that I bought in Darjeeling that I haven't worn yet that I think I'll wear with it. It's quite close fitting but as it's a bit cooler today, it should be fine.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,940 mod
    Let me start from the bottom upwards. I am barefoot and dressed in fine, thin summer trousers. At the top I am wearning a strawberry red bloucer with white dots on it.
    I'm also wearing a blouse today, @Hermine, but a pale blue and beige one with a floral design. I'm wearing baggy black cotton trousers which are nice and comfortable in this hot weather.
    Today I am wearing a black pair of trousers, blue sandals and the same blouser as I wore yesterday.
    I'm wearing a striped t-shirt (blue and white) and my baggy black cotton trousers. They are on their last legs (groan) as they are splitting apart. Tonight they will be dumped in the dustbin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Vest and boxers :blush: indian summers to be blamed, moreover this post has its own contribution in persuasion :expressionless:

----------------------

Vest and boxers, the Indian summer is to blame.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    I'm only slightly better @guptakaran93‌, with a sleeveless T-shirt and cotton shorts I bought in the street market by the side of the Maiden in Kolkata, when I was there in February.
    edited August 2014
    I am wearing my pyjama trousers, red with white dots and on top a dark grey T-shirt.

-----------------

I am wearing my pyjama bottoms; red with white dots, and a dark grey T-shirt.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    edited June 2014
    Today I'm wearing a sleeveless white cotton blouse and my red 'Heidi' skirt. It is made with tiers. The bottom is trimmed with a thin edging of black lace, with a black floral design around the bottom. When I wore it to go to the theatre in Calcutta a couple of months ago, an American friend suggested I looked like Heidi in it. I now can't help wanting to yodel every time I wear it!
    I am still wearing the same :blush:
    I've changed into my sleeveless t-shirt and black shorts to slob around at home now.
    edited August 2014
    Well i am going to take bath now! :joy:

-----------------

Well I am going to take bath now!
    Post edited by Lynne on
    A pair of black sandals with leather sole, a pair of blue jeans and on to a light pink blouse. It is raining heavily and I chose the wrong shoes, the resulat I have a soar.
    I mentioned the leather sole, because I nearly fell over today, they are so smooth.
    I'm wearing some beige long shorts (below the knee) and a pale blue top. It's one of my favourites, as it's made from a thin cotton that dries almost instantly and never creases. I've worn it out though, so today is it's last day of use as I noticed that in one place it has worn through completely. I hope nobody notices.
    I am wearing some sporty trousers and on top a coloured blouse. They rain stopped and the sun is shining from time to time. It is still too wet to sit outside on the grass. The berries on the bushes will be ripe soon and I can produce our beloved cordial again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    just now I got home and since it's very hot I am wearing a sleeveless loose cotton dress . But If I go out I wear trousers preferably cotton , MANTO which is a dress that goes down near the knee and a scarf .this is hijab. In my country no woman can go out without Hijab :(

--------------------------

I just got home and because it's very hot I am wearing a sleeveless loose cotton dress . But If I go out I wear trousers, preferably cotton, manto, which is a dress that goes down near the knee and a scarf. The scarf is called a hijab. In my country no woman can go out without a hijab.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Hi minoosh, where do you live? I am reading a book where the women wear Hijab, the book is called `The Kite runner`.
    Hi Hermine .I live in Iran. Most moslem women have hejab but unfortunately in Iran it is compulsory
    @minoosh, are you covered fully in fabric? Here sometimes I can see a few women who are covered fully where just their eyes are visible.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 9,901 mod
    edited August 2014
    About 70 cyclists wore nothing or rarely nothing in Brussels yesterday.
    They claimed more safety for cyclists.

--------------------

About 70 cyclists wore nothing, or almost nothing, in Brussels yesterday.

They were protesting for more safety for cyclists.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Not a sight for sore eyes @april! I'm not sure I would have liked to see all those cyclists in the buff.

@minoosh, when I visited Iran, I wore a long black dress (with long sleeves) that came to well below my knees, over black trousers. I wore a large black scarf over my head, but it didn't cover my face. I met an older Iranian lady who wore sky blue in protest of having to wear a hejab. She was very kind and had invited me into her home. Indoors she and her daughter wore exactly the same clothes as anyone would have worn anywhere: knee-length skirts and short-sleeved tops, with no hejab.

I'm wearing the cousin of the top I was wearing yesterday (I bought two at the time), but yesterdays one is now in the dustbin as it was worn through. I'm being very boring and wearing the same cropped trousers. They are smart enough (just) for work.
    @Hermine no. the most women in Iran are not fully covered . What we are wearing is completely different from what Arabian women wear. The women specially young women in Iran are very fashionable and wear chic clothes.
    @mheredge You are right.
    @minoosh, thank you. I believe the women are wearing wonderful dresses under their black wrappings - sorry for the name, but I do not know the exact expression.
    I am wearing my red slippers and have already on my night dress it is white with pink dots in it. Yes I am prepared for bed.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 9,901 mod
    Not my cup of tea either @mheredge‌, but many countries do this kind of manifestation, even Brazil.
    I don't think I am keen to put the picture here. :D